Friday, July 25, 2008

The most important crazy parade event


I was laying awake in bed around 5:30 AM this morning and I realized that I had forgotten to post the most crazy and scary event of the parade--Adri's disappearance! It all happened so fast. I had just done a check to make sure all 4 of the big kids were there, and 2 seconds later, Adri was gone! It was the scariest thing! Amber and I both had babies in our arms and we were both frantically searching for my little Adri Dawn. She was nowhere. The streets were lined with hundreds of people and someone could have just swiped her away and taken off, never to be seen again! I stayed calm for a few minutes, but the tears started coming and I could not control them. I am sure everyone was staring and wondering what was wrong. Finally some guy saw Amber searching and asked if she was looking for a little girl. She said she was, and he said come with me. About 1/2 a block down the street, that guy's wife had picked Adri up and was holding her in her lap. Adri was off in la-la land, eating her candy and didn't even care one bit. Thank goodness for that nice lady who saved Adri from wandering even farther away from us. We never would have found her in all the chaos. By the time we found her, I was hysterically crying and people were asking me if everything was okay. I am so thankful that we live in this safe area where most people are good and helpful to others. The first thing Adri said when Amber picked her up was, "I got soooo much candy!"

11 comments:

WeBeR FaM said...

That is so scary! I got teary eyed reading your story. That is the worst feeling in the world. Brynlee did that same thing at the Ross Park swimming pool and there are not near that many people there! Mom laughed at me because I started crying!

Harris said...

That was seriously so scary!! I am so glad we found her safe and sound. She was just looking at us like we were crazy- she was just getting some candy!!! I can't get the CRAZY lady out of my mind either!!

A said...

I didn't know about that story. She is quite the wanderer isn't she? How scary!

Michelle and Andrew said...

crystal! i just got your baby announcement! she is a doll. i am sad that you were out of town when we were in town. we need to coordinate better. i am glad i have your blog address now so i can keep up...since i am so bad at it.

Blythe said...

Crystal! I randomly came across your blog and was so excited to see that you joined the blogging world! Apparently you were a little quicker to make the connection than I was because my name is already on your list. :o) Your kids are absolutely beautiful and you are looking as gorgeous as ever!

Chandra said...

Crystal - it is so good to hear from you! We are moving soon to Boise so I won't get to run into you at some early sale the day after thanksgiving anymore!:(

Tamra said...

I'm glad you found us! Your kids are so cute, and so big! Adri was still tiny when we last saw you guys. I'll have to add you to my list of blogs so we can keep in touch!

--- The Lisby Family --- said...

I found your blog through Shari's blog. Your family is adorable. I can't even imagine the panic you must have felt when you couldn't find Adri. Scary!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Its Lance and Chelsey Butcher! Your baby is getting so big. It wasn't that long ago since we saw her at the work summer party. She sure is cute though!! We have a blog too so ya can check it out! Its thebutcherpad.blogspot.com Take Care!

Candy McCall said...

Darling blog!
Not so fun story about Adri. There are definately angels of people around us to help.
Your family is so cute.
come visit!

~Candy

Michelle and Andrew said...

crystal what a terrible experience. it makes me realize how quickly bad things can happen. maybe i need to make sure and pray for more protection everyday huh? i am soooo glad the story ended well though.